At Ayer Library, we offer a variety of essential services to our patrons. Here is a list of some of the services people use every day here at the library.
Circulation--Most items in the library may be borrowed using any valid CWMARS library card. A library card must be presented in order to check out any materials. To access our collection online, just click on Library Catalog in the menu bar on left.
- Books--Ayer Library has a collection of over 50,000 fiction and non-fiction titles in hardcover, paperback, and over 800 audiobooks on CD. We have an extensive children's collection and a growing section for young adults.
- Movies and Music--With over 1800 movie DVDs and 600 music CDs, you're bound to find something for your viewing and listening pleasure.
- Magazines and Newspapers--There are over 100 different magazines on our shelves, as well as several daily newspapers to enjoy in our Reading Room. Back issues of magazines may be checked out to enjoy at home.
- Great Courses by the Teaching Company©--Enjoy a top-notch college level course in comfort and at your own pace. We have a growing collection of Great Courses available to check out.
- CWMARS Network--Network membership gives us access to the collections of more than 65 other libraries. If there is a title you would like that we don't own, we can usually find it for you at another library and have it delivered to us within a few days.
Computer Access--Wireless Connection, Internet Access, and Word Processing with printer access.*
E-Mail notification--Library users who provide us with an email address will receive email reminders two days before their materials are due back, email news of overdue materials, and email notification of holds available for pick-up.
Museum Passes--Available to CWMARS card holders. Click on Museum Passes in the menu bar on left to see what's available. Reserve at the Front Desk or call the Library @ 978-772-8250, X21.
Story Time and Children's Programs--Our Children's Room is bursting with materials and activities for children of all ages. Click on Children's Page in the menu bar on left to learn more.
Copy Machine/Fax Machine*
Microfilm Reader/Printer* and Public Spirit Archives, beginning in 1869.
* There is a small fee for printing, photocopying, and faxing to help off-set the rising costs of paper and toner.